Well, it looks like I am the greatest blogger EVER!!! Or, more specifically, I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely and talented Rachel at http://misswho.me/. I have been following her fantastic blog for a couple weeks, and I really like her work. I hope that you will all take some time to check her out, if you have not already.
I joked the last time I received a similar nomination that these things feel like a chain letter, and I just keep passing them on. But I won’t make that joke now, even if it is still true.
I am honored that Rachel nominated my blog, just as I am honored that any of you actually read my blog. Thank you all for that.
I named my blog, “A Blog About Nothing” as a sort of self-deprecating attempt to deflect any hint of my being serious about writing, but it turns out that I actually am serious about writing. And I even have followers, and of those followers, some of you even read my stuff. That is amazing to me!
I joke because I am uncomfortable with any type of recognition, but I am honestly flattered for this nomination, and I am grateful that I have readers.
So, thank you!
Now, on to business…
The Liebster Award
Here are the rules.
- Post eleven facts about yourself
- Answer the questions posed by your nominator
- Pass the award on to eleven new recipients
- Pose eleven new questions to your bloggers
Post a copy of the badge on your blog (type “Liebster Award” into Google images; you’ll find plenty to choose from). Notify nominees and include links to the originating blog, as well as the new recipients.
Eleven facts about me:
- I survived Pancreatic Cancer
- I play guitar, bass guitar, piano, and I write songs
- I love my son more than life itself
- I was a Deadhead, and saw the Grateful Dead 70 times
- I am a Substitute Teacher waiting for a full-time gig
- I have been doing Bikram Yoga for 2 years
- I will be 45 this year, and I am still friends with many of my grade school buddies
- I recently Googled my blog title and discovered several other blogs with the same name
- I was a chef for 12 years
- I have been a massage therapist for 14 years
- As much as I love to write, coming up with 11 facts was quite difficult for me just now
- Favourite guilty pleasure? Altoids. I am not supposed to have sugar, but I can eat a tin of Altoids like they were candy.
- Explain your blog title. It’s a play on the old Seinfeld show joke, “It’s a show about nothing.”
- You’re on the TV show Misfits, and have been granted/cursed with a superpower that reflects your personality (for example, an irritable person may have Hulk-like rage attacks when provoked). What is your superpower and why? Well, I have never seen “Misfits”, but if I had a superpower, it would be the ability to freeze a rambunctious student into submission with just a snap of the finger and an icy stare. Why? Just watch me in action some time!
- What is your favourite line from a book, movie, TV show, play, speech, poem or song? “Making it two. Without love in the dream, it will never come true.”
- What are you currently working on? My novel, “Blue Moon Baby.”
- Most thumbed book in your collection? Probably my favorite novel of all time: Sometimes a Great Notion, by Ken Kesey.
- What are you doing/what did you do this Valentine’s Day? (I’m eating chocolate with “Someone Like You” on repeat.) Nothing. Probably Yoga. I am gleefully single!!
- Do you listen to music while you write? If so, what music? Occasionally, and if I do, it can be anything. Lately, Elliott Smith, Jane’s Addiction, or the Grateful Dead.
- What are your pet peeves? The misuse of the word, “penultimate.” Mouth breathers.
- If you could offer one piece of advice to a beginner in your field, what would that be? Well, if that field is teaching, then I would say to be strong, consistent, and remember that you are the adult. If the field you refer to is writing, then I’ll let you know when I learn something.
- What are you most proud of? My son. He is an amazing kid. Straight-A student, Honor Roll, Honors classes, musical prodigy, and all around great kid. He has made my job as a parent so easy!
My nominees: I hated to only limit it to these 11. My apologies to all those other amazing blogs that I read!
Questions for the nominees:
1. What are you currently reading?
2. What is your all-time favorite book?
3. What is your favorite genre of book to read?
4. Do you have any designs to be a novelist?
5. Do you watch television? What is your favorite show?
6. Do you write in silence, or do you need background noise?.
7. Do you speak a second language?
8. Have you ever met anyone famous?
9. Do you prefer an urban home, a suburban home, or a rural home?
10. What type of music do you prefer? Who is your favorite artist?
11. Aside from writing, do you have any other talents that you would like to share with the world?